One's personality is both a composition and reflection, but if I have to choose one of them, I will choose reflection as the "self" is more important to me than "me". One's composition may change, walking across the cultural landscapes and climbing the social ladder but one's self is tied to one's reflections. The fun part is that reflections are not bound to "Time-Space" barriers ( it is not time-space) and respective mental constructs, which have grown so thick over ages, that they had reduced the image of humans to Sisyphus, rolling different sizes of boulders on hills of different heights.… As the name of this Blog indicates, knols are my perspectives on topics of interests, sweet/bitter experiences or just doodling :)

Monday, November 28, 2011

Why am I writing Knols?

The answer should be my motto,

"My main purpose is to understand HUMAN and everything that helps to understand HUMAN".
If you have encountered with Behavioral biology, you know that all what humans have and do, animals/organisms do like aggression, empathy, personality and culture. So what make us human?
It is just those "extras" that make us human. Really?......

Writing is thinking. None of other organisms found writing but men. May be men is the only creature that value their ideas. What makes me more puzzled is the intelligence that all escape from it in the line of evolution (I am not talking of intelligent design. One of the reasons that people hesitate to talk about intelligence, is the label of intelligent design). We know, how to develop, nourish and even engineer intelligence beside unconscious use of it, but no one knows what intelligence is? People try to understand it through measuring it, by studying malfunctions of it, by simulating it, by mapping it and so on but all these struggles adds nothing in understanding it, except of opening new doors in use or misuse of it.

A way to crackdown intelligence is to study its demonstrations and by monitoring it to find the patterns, it has. It is generally known as behavioral studies. There are two approaches to study intelligence in men, one is to generalize laws based on pattern (monothetic) and the other is concentration on specific cases (idiographic). Both these approaches are adding to our knowledge. But I have my own approach. I do not want to guess from outside of nut that what is inside the nut (not everybody agrees with such approach that is not quantified but I believe that imaginations is not quantifiable and when it is quantified it is not imagination but concepts. Raw intelligence is in imaginations and concepts are more influenced by cultural transmissions). I let the nut speaks itself. Intelligence is unique, because it expresses itself. May be it was a view point of Einstein also when he said, “Imagination is more important than knowledge”. Imaginations are more real than knowledge when we come to intelligence, because it is the original expressions of intelligence.

One main problems in almost all field of knowledge is that they make boxes to study their problems. Even those who try to think outside of box, create another box. These step by step make things easy to understand and explain but unfortunately they do not replicate reality.
We love to think on this line of thinking that my loss is your gain or my gain is you loss. Were it factual, the world would be very flatly linear. But it is not. The world is integrated and a single action causes a chain reaction of feedback mechanisms (both positive and negative). This may see scary.

Yup! it is scary at individualistic level (reductionist approach) as individual's behaviors are random but a group of people behaviors have patterns (culture here). Randomness at reductionist level and having pattern at collective level is not limited to men but every object behaves the same........

Obsessed with randomness, Rene Descartes declared “I think, therefore I am”. I am confident on my approach of looking at world as an integrated system so I do not repeat Descartes and keep looking to new faces of who am I? “Writing is thinking so I am writing to know who am I?” But Socrates never wrote a word. He had a passion to ask people who are they? Bare handed and barefooted this wise man of Athens attracted youth that had a "self" inside. When Socrates was executed by poisoned drink he had no regret, because his "self" will be always making individuals ask, “Who are they?” I have let free my "self" to think and write and say along those who told before,” Writing is thinking and I think therefore I am”.

“I think therefore I am” Descartes
“I rebel therefore I am” Albert Camus
"I feel therefore I am" Elif Shafak
"I am my connectome" Sebastian Seung
"I cook therefore I am" Heribert Watzke
“I realize therefore I am” Khudadad
"I seek truth therefore I am" Khudadad
"I dream therefore I am" Khudadad
"I dare to give meaning to existence, therefore I am" KD

No comments:

Post a Comment