One's personality is both a composition and reflection, but if I have to choose one of them, I will choose reflection as the "self" is more important to me than "me". One's composition may change, walking across the cultural landscapes and climbing the social ladder but one's self is tied to one's reflections. The fun part is that reflections are not bound to "Time-Space" barriers ( it is not time-space) and respective mental constructs, which have grown so thick over ages, that they had reduced the image of humans to Sisyphus, rolling different sizes of boulders on hills of different heights.… As the name of this Blog indicates, knols are my perspectives on topics of interests, sweet/bitter experiences or just doodling :)

Monday, November 28, 2011

What I like most in art

Make you look the overlooked;

I was not appreciating the abstract art and modern arts that are dominated by
household objects. Neither they have any pattern in them nor do they have any
aesthetical value. Despite all these, I never made them an excuse to kill my taste
for art and creativity. Just next to our apartment, there is an art gallery, where
visit whenever they have a new exhibition. Today, one of the very ordinary art
works caught my attention. A house was sketched several times. In each sketch,
one part of house (e.g, window, terrace, roof etc) was colored while other parts
left blank. It really sweetened my taste. We usually overlook things when we
look at them. The artists want us to see, what they have seen and want us to
feel, what they have felt. Contrasting is the most beautiful way of overcoming,
overlooking. It is first time that I realized, there are patterns in abstract arts but
we may fail to see them, if we are overlooking them (usually we overlook thing
because of our arrogance, urgencies or optimization of tastes). Art pieces have
their own beauties but our optimized aesthetical senses do not see them. So, I
think if artists make obvious the messages and what they want to see, it would
help the audience like me, who have specific tastes to appreciate the works
more.

Beauty is what makes sense;

Some of art pieces were just doodling. At first glance, my heart didn’t accept
them as an art work however, soon I reconsidered my judgments. If creativity is
cultural mutation then mutants do not need to have aims or pattern. Mutations
begin aimless and random but only those which make sense will survive and
those which don’t die out. They were work of art but may not survive to the
taste of human beauty. Only those which make sense are beautiful.

Art is a rebellion against peer pressure;

What I really appreciate in art beyond aesthetics, is its rebellious nature. To me
submission to peer pressure is just disgusting. I see everywhere (especially
among youths) people try hard to follow what majority do. The meanest
proverb I have ever heard is “Do in Rome, what Romans do”. Peer pressure is
just against personal judgments and honor. It just retards the creativity and
personal identity. Rebellion is the core of art. Art works inspire us to be what we
are and creativity makes us resilient to peer pressures. Of course, it makes us
uncomfortable but being uncomfortable is the best because it makes us do not
stand still. The rebellious nature of artists makes them doodle ( being
uncomfortable) and then you see wholly new things come out of doodling that
blow the minds of those who like to be different and make “cultural sheep” to
see the roughness of cultural landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment