One's personality is both a composition and reflection, but if I have to choose one of them, I will choose reflection as the "self" is more important to me than "me". One's composition may change, walking across the cultural landscapes and climbing the social ladder but one's self is tied to one's reflections. The fun part is that reflections are not bound to "Time-Space" barriers ( it is not time-space) and respective mental constructs, which have grown so thick over ages, that they had reduced the image of humans to Sisyphus, rolling different sizes of boulders on hills of different heights.… As the name of this Blog indicates, knols are my perspectives on topics of interests, sweet/bitter experiences or just doodling :)

Monday, November 28, 2011

Stories, too short (Part: 4)

31

“Can I be your friend?” she told him.
“I have not enmity to anyone” He replied her.
“If I become your enemy then what would you do?”
“You can’t be my enemy without reason.”
“Do you want to know me?” she asked him again.
“Ideas are more real than images”
“I try to be a quiet man like you but I can’t”
“I like talkative people”
“Wow! It means that you like me?
“I like all people who like others”
“But I only like you”
“I believe in freedom of expression”

32

A strange lady rented a house in the town. She was glamorous and attractive and alone so all noticed her presence in the town. People were curious about her and wanted to know more about her but she was interacting very less with people. For a few days no one has seen her. After she was seen again some women asked her but she told them that she went for visit to Islamabad. This event made people suspicious of her. Rumors spread about her as a US spy. She was called again to Islamabad and then no one has seen her. A new family shifted to her house. By asking her house owner he told people that she was a widow and his husband was killed in Kabul. She knew that she was not secure if the people knew about her especially opportunist men so she was applying for a visa to US and had requested the house owner to not tell anybody about her until she leave the place.

33

Receiving too much messages he messaged her, “Mobile phones are not invented to waste your time for nothing. Try to utilize your time for goals that help you achieve your purpose of life”
She replied him back, “I following exactly the same line. You are my purpose of life”
“People could help each other in the purpose of life but they can’t be purpose of each other”
“What about those mothers who live for their children and those philanthropic workers endangered their lives for others?”
“Children and philanthropic works are ways of expressing the purpose of life but not the purpose of life. Children are part of Mother’s life not the life of mother.”
“I want to express my purpose of life through you and making you part of my life”
“You need to learn how to express. Messaging through mobiles is not expressing oneself but an addiction. Just learn how to unlearn this addiction and you find liberated yourself to express through others.”

34

His son was admitted to Hospital and doctors have prescribed medicines which were beyond the pocket of the father. Compelled by fatherly affections he went to office of his employer. “My son is admitted to Hospital and I can’t afford the fee and the medicines so I request you some aid or loan, as you prefer” The poor father begged to employer.
“How much money do you need?” Asked employer
He become pleased and replied, “It would be your greatness if you could give me 10,000 Rupees.
“But I need 10,000,000 Rupees to complete my new complex at time. Tell me whose need is bigger? Your need is 10,000 Rupees and I need 10,000,000 Rupees so I am more needy than you. You are fortunate that there are people who can help you and I am unfortunate that no one can help me.”
He came out of office convinced of logic of his employer and was planning to go for help to fellow poor men whose needs equal his needs.

35

Director of Public Service Commission visited the office of Principal who was his friend. During discussion the principal complained about his stomachache and asked him if knows a good doctor for curing. The director of PSC advised him to no visit any doctor but despite visit a traditional medicine practitioner. The Principal surprised and asked him that how he could rely on traditional medicines instead of modern medicine. The PSC director replied, “I have interviewed doctors who have passed commission exams and to my surprise most of them failed to explain the chemistry of digestion. If one who can’t understand the process of digestion how he could diagnose your disease and how he could prescribe a medicine for you? If you want to not die out of experiments of these doctors so you have rely on the experienced traditional medicines”

36

In a shoe making shop the Ustad (master) asked his pupil, “What is the most difficult work?”
“Stitching shoes ustad!” replied Pupil.
“No! The most difficult work in world is speaking. You know why people call you made? because you can’t speak properly and convincingly.”

37

A government officer coming back to his village met with his shepherd. They were talking about their lives. Suddenly the officer asked his shepherd, “Can you become a government officer?”
Shepherd surprised by question replied, “How can I become officer? I am an illiterate shepherd?”
Officer asked him again, “Can you count the notes?”
“Yes Sir! It is an easy job?” replied shepherd
“Then you can become officer because officers are expert in taking bribes and commissions and it is their main job.”

38

“Have you seen the homeless and poor garbage collecting boys are quarrelling each other over the garbage?”
“Yes Sir! But why you are asking this question?”
“Do you not thinking that different ethnic groups that quarrelling each other over city is like those garbage collecting boys quarreling over garbage?”
“Yes Sir! You are right. This city has become like dump land of garbage and no one noticing it but is just quarrelling over this pile of garbage.”

39

“Sir! How do you interpret the situation in Afghanistan?”
“Though I am myself an Afghan but I say don’t think about such a nation and country where there is only explosions, killings, grieves and destruction. It is a hell where there is no accountability and judgments. Thinking about this place makes ones thoughts negative by losing faith on goodness of men and humanity. Why you are not thinking about other nations who are trying hard to make earth the Garden of Eden? At least your thoughts become positive.”

40

“Sir! Your expressions are very bitter and it looks that you have lost hopes?”
“A hopelessness that directs you towards a goal is far better than hopes that directs you towards anarchy and destructions”

No comments:

Post a Comment