One's personality is both a composition and reflection, but if I have to choose one of them, I will choose reflection as the "self" is more important to me than "me". One's composition may change, walking across the cultural landscapes and climbing the social ladder but one's self is tied to one's reflections. The fun part is that reflections are not bound to "Time-Space" barriers ( it is not time-space) and respective mental constructs, which have grown so thick over ages, that they had reduced the image of humans to Sisyphus, rolling different sizes of boulders on hills of different heights.… As the name of this Blog indicates, knols are my perspectives on topics of interests, sweet/bitter experiences or just doodling :)

Monday, November 28, 2011

Lessons from my master

He was an attractive old man with white beard face in which satisfaction was apparent. I remember my first conversation with him in form of random answer and question session. He was revealing my self to me by reading my souls by questioning,

“My son! Have you faced people who you are served your best but they didn’t thank to you?”

“Yes”

“How did you feel about them?”

“I felt they were ill grown people or their souls are diseased with pride”

“OK! Have you ever found people who you wanted to love wholeheartedly but they stepped out?”

“Yes Baba”

“What were your feelings about them?”

“I judged that either they were ignorant about me or their prejudices stopped them to recognize me?”

“Have you ever felt genuinely that peace does exist?”

“I have concluded from my experiences, observations and knowledge that wars never stop. War is ninety percent wait and see with preparations and ten percent active engagements. We consider ninety percent of wait and see as peace.”

“Well my son! Have you ever excelled in a skill by practice that made you able to do that work with no mistake?”

“I have found that though frequent practicing makes mistakes less and lesser but nothing can rule out mistakes.”

“OK then, have you found anything that is solely belongs to you?”

“I have found that all things even my soul is shared”

“OK my son! All these questions were to prepare you through yourself for your journey into spirituality. Remember spirituality is founded on love and love is nothing but sharing. The highest level of sharing is sharing of soul. If you have preparation to accept love through sharing then you are prepared to enter into world of spirituality. Another important point to remember is that no one is perfect and it is love that makes us perfect. Wise are those who love to protect themselves against their mistakes. Whenever you reject loving through sharing either by fear or greed you have made your soul vulnerable to diseases. It is love through sharing that has the power to heal the diseased souls.”

My experiences were telling me that love through sharing is a very challenging attitude because I have found real people with particular philosophies and attitudes. A few days later I come again to see my master by questions in my head. He was busy reading a book with a notebook and pencil beside him. Maybe they were for noting some important points. On my arrival he greeted me warmly.

“I have serious doubts in my mind.”

“Let your mind speak to me.”

“I have worked in different professions and have experienced different attitudes. Every street of Bazaar has their own mindset. It is why I am convinced that beside philosophies that known to academics and intellectuals there are Bazaar philosophies also that rule on lives of people. Working in motor mechanic shop I found drivers coming there talking mostly about women, men and young generation of ill characters. The same I found in workshops of woodworks and shoe making. Sitting in those environments one perceive that it is the end of society where no one safe especially the young generations is drowned in addictions, prostitutions, gambling, thefts, deceiving and radical fashions. I have heard stories of betrayals, killings, deceiving that I almost become afraid of every individual. But when I come to school and college for teaching, here I found most of students are competing each others in grades, discipline, knowledge and skills. I found most of people here are concerned over problems and debating and thinking to find solutions and determining their roles in those solutions. These two environments are parts of the same society.

Beside this in workshops I found a vast gulf in thinking and attitudes between workers and owners. As workers are mostly involved in telling stories of the robberies, killings, deceiving, love stories and family problems, I found owners talking mostly about marketing and investment strategies. Similarly, there are a vast gulf of thinking and attitudes among officers of lower ranks and higher ranks who are in administrative posts. Most of officers of lower ranks love to talk about their connections with officers or discussing politics while officers with higher ranks are busy in planning, meetings and administering.

In a naturally unequal world a single philosophy doesn’t exist but everyone has their own philosophies which rule the attitude of people. Here it seems very hard for me to survive with philosophy of love through sharing?”

He smiled to me and replied, “Do you think that nature is founded on justice?”
“As a student of science I know that nature run of certain laws that is why there is discipline in natural world.”

“OK then can you tell me what do you feel when watching a wolf is tearing a sheep alive or lions are eating a zebra alive?”

“I feel really sorry and think it unjust but when see it is the only means for survival of predators then I become convinced that life has prices that everyone has to pay in some forms.”
“See the world depends on the visions. Workers and officers in lower ranks have narrow worlds because there shares are small. They see the world unjust and full of corruptions. On other hand owners and officers in high ranks whose shares are larger see bigger pictures so they accept responsibilities for problems and work harder to expand their shares. My son! It is your vision that creates the images of your world. Thinking big makes you have big and bigger shares by taking great and greater responsibilities. It is what make you lead. So your position depends on the reaches of your love.”

After answering my question he made another question to me,

“Did you feel helpless after losing something important?”

This time I decided to answer more wisely so I replied him,

“Yes! But I never let helplessness grow to overshadow my ambitions. I think of millions of people whose lives are overshadowed by helplessness but still they crawl to live. Whenever I lose something that led me to helplessness I think of my capabilities to help such people and find instead of these losses still I can be the source of hopes for a few of them. The hope and belief in my capabilities kill the feelings of helplessness inside me.”
I saw a reflection of satisfaction and relief in his face while he told me,” It is your love of people that gave you strength. If you haven’t shared or helped people you never had the capability to overcome your helplessness. Love through sharing has grown you to levels of believing in yourself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment