One's personality is both a composition and reflection, but if I have to choose one of them, I will choose reflection as the "self" is more important to me than "me". One's composition may change, walking across the cultural landscapes and climbing the social ladder but one's self is tied to one's reflections. The fun part is that reflections are not bound to "Time-Space" barriers ( it is not time-space) and respective mental constructs, which have grown so thick over ages, that they had reduced the image of humans to Sisyphus, rolling different sizes of boulders on hills of different heights.… As the name of this Blog indicates, knols are my perspectives on topics of interests, sweet/bitter experiences or just doodling :)

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Accidental Rediscovery

Tonight, it was full moon. While we were returning from nearby park after our walk and talk evening session, we took a different route to our way back home to have a change. We noticed that frogs had swarmed the walkways. So, we had two different explanations for it. The frogs are frequent in this street because of the closeness of the street to some nearby pool that we aren't aware of (actually, the street is on higher ground than our routine route). The second explanation was, the frogs are frequent because of some sort of connections with full moon. So, the easiest and most convenient way to test our hypotheses was to search, if there were researches in this regard. As soon as I reached home, I googled it and I found this report on BBC (Amphibians mate under full moon). So, it turned out that full moon works as a biological clock for amphibians, just as spring season works as biological clocks for flowering plants. That was an awesome thing to learn and I couldn't stop myself, but to share it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment